Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Made in USA... Grocerys?

    Once Derek started his new job in October, we knew we would soon no longer qualify for food stamps.  And what was left on the card ran out a few weeks ago.  Since we are staying with the inlaws, my mother-in-law and I menu plan for the week every Sunday evening. On Mondays, we shop! I have re-discovered Aldi's! Wow! 

    Given that Derek got 2 deer this past season, and we already had a decent supply of chicken (stocked up when whole fryers were $.79lb... the next week they were $.49lb...poo), I rarely have to buy meat. Only if Im wanting some fish, or pork for something special.  I have set a goal for myself to only spend $50 a week at the grocery. This doesnt include the 1 gallon of Raw milk, 1 dozen local free range, soy free, organic eggs, and 1 quart of Raw yogurt (every other week for the yogurt) I get at the local Heartland Wholelife Co-op. Sometimes I buy some produce there as well.  Today's shopping trip to Aldi,  I only spent $38!
   
    I noticed when I got home and was unloading the bags, everything I purchased was labeled, "Product of USA"! I was soo excited!! Even the broccoli, kiwi's, and strawberries! The canned food is from Illinois (at least its distributed by....). I soo love Aldi's!

No comments:

Post a Comment