Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Can We Make Cupcakes, Mommy?

    Yesterday, after breakfast, my three year old asks me, "Can we make cupcakes, mommy?"  Then I remembered I had promiced her last week we would make cupcakes this week!  So, I went on the hunt for a "clean" recipe, no sugar, whole wheat, etc. I found a great one!!



Here is the recipe I used, which I found here, just edited a tiny bit.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients:

Wet:
3/4 C Honey
1/2 C coconut oil (canola works too)
2 Eggs
1 t vanilla
1/2 C organic Raw yogurt (or just organic)
1/2 C Hot water (to be added at the end)
Dry:
3/4 C cocoa powder
1 1/4 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking soda 
Directions:
preheat oven to 350
Mix wet ingredients EXCEPT the hot water.
Add dry ingredients and mix well
Slowly pour in hot water and mix until combined
pour batter into well greased muffin tin
optional: put 2-3 dark chocolate chips in each muffin tin
bake about 16-18 min or until toothpick comes out clean.

I mixed up some honey in some of the raw yogurt, and dipped a few in it for frosting. Its light, and pairs well with the chocolate!


Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment